Breeding Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha I have patience I do but I want to start this pretty bad. I've been researching breeding for months and now im getting to the cichlid part of it.

Haha I have patience I do but I want to start this pretty bad. I've been researching breeding for months and now im getting to the cichlid part of it.

Not for nothing but if you've been researching breeding for months, you shouldn't need to be asking the questions you're asking :whistle: Maybe you haven't been doing the correct researching and it's a good thing you haven't moved forward yet ;) (No offense intended :D)

If you insist on doing your research online, just google "mouth brooding cichlids" and you should get a whole list of the ones that fall into that catagory. If you can afford it, go to Amazon.com and see if you can find some good used books on breeding African Cichlids so you can have the info right at your fingertips as opposed to your computer's fingertips (My library on fish is about equal to 3 piles stacked 6 feet high from the floor.) The good thing about the old books is that even if the names of the fish have been changed (as some have been reclassified) the way to breed them hasn't.

Hope this helps (y)

I meant researching breeding for months. Mostly live bearers because that's what I wanted to do at first. Just starting my cichlid research. Sorry for not being specific and yeah I'll go ahead and do that and look on amazon. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom