Breeding convicts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phillyb32

Aquarium Advice Regular
So the convicts Laid eggs, and they hatched, and to my surprise they are still alive and free swimming. I have a tank set up for them, when, how should I make the move?

They are in a tank with a 5 inch Oscar a 3 inch jack Dempsey, a 6 inch red shark, silver cat fish, upside down cat 2 gars and 2 little African turtles. They jumped the gun on me a little. I have a 30 gal for them.

They are in a tank with a 5 inch Oscar a 3 inch jack Dempsey, a 6 inch red shark, silver cat fish, upside down cat 2 gars and 2 little African turtles. They jumped the gun on me a little. I have a 30 gal for them.

Oh yeah, get them out pretty soon lol. I recommend moving them into a breeder box in your tank until they get a bit larger, then moving them all to the 30 when they're big enough to handle the stress of a tank change.

Rock vacuum=epic fail scattered all the fry. Wasnt enough suction to actually catch them. Now the "nest" is a mess and all the fry are scattered

I'm going to leave them. It looked like the parents took it all in stride. I threw a huge goldfish in there so they were kind of occupied when the vacuum was happening. And it looked like they were swimming around gathering all the littles.

These are the 2 pics I took this morning before the attempt at retrieving them

Attachments

• image-1428679001.jpg
    image-1428679001.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image-2037752661.jpg
    image-2037752661.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom