Breeding fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Belladog0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do you breed fish. What are the easiest to breed? Please put steps on how to breed the easiest fish!
Thanks

Get a ten gallon tank, fill with water and treat for chlorine. Cycle the tank and add guppies= babies. Oh and feed them lol. Any of the live bearer fish (guppies, mollies, platys, endlers, mosquito fish) are very easy to breed. Just put them in water and it's done, that easy. Live bearers are easy to sex, the male has a pointy anal fin (like a pin) and the females anal fin is rounded. Depending on your tank size there are plenty of other fish easy to breed, guppies are suitable for a 10 mollies and platys arent, I'm unsure on endlers and Mosquitos. I know convict cichlids are easy to breed but I'm unfamiliar with the tank requirements. From my experience most fish will readily spawn in an aquarium provided you have it setup to meet their needs, this can be as simple as a ceramic pot on its side for a cave and having clean water that's the right temperature.

Sorry cant help you there just getting into the salty side. But hear clowns tend to breed easily enough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom