Breeding mystrey snail setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello! I have a 10 gallon with snails only, and I would like to start breed snails. What should I do to encourage breeding among the snails? I have 7 snail in the tank, 3 ivory snails, 2 black mystery, 1 blue snail,golden mystery snail.

honestly with snails there isnt alot you need to do, here in aus we only have the gold mystery snails but all u have to do is get about 6 of them and plop them into an existing tank with 6 you have good odds of a breeding pair and just let them sort it out. only real advice i can give is to lower the water so its 6" from the top of the tank and make sure u have a good fitting cover.

daveho said:
honestly with snails there isnt alot you need to do, here in aus we only have the gold mystery snails but all u have to do is get about 6 of them and plop them into an existing tank with 6 you have good odds of a breeding pair and just let them sort it out. only real advice i can give is to lower the water so its 6" from the top of the tank and make sure u have a good fitting cover.

The filter will be loud how can I quiet it? Mumma showed me something but I lost it. I got a top on the tank do I should be good. Thanks for your help!

The water dosent have to be 6" around 3" will do. Just keep a piece of cucumber or spinach in the tank for them to eat and let them do there thing. Once the eggs are laid you can research different methods for hatching.

Bubbles0oO said:
The water dosent have to be 6" around 3" will do. Just keep a piece of cucumber or spinach in the tank for them to eat and let them do there thing. Once the eggs are laid you can research different methods for hatching.

It is around at 2" inches right now just a little loud for me when I sleep. Should I boil/blanch the food? Should I use a veggie clip or let it sink?

You can try putting a plain sponge rubber banded from the filter out put into the water? And the veggies don't need to be blanched just washed and plopped into the tank. I would get a medium rock so you can hold it down on the bottom of the tank for easy access

Bubbles0oO said:
You can try putting a plain sponge rubber banded from the filter out put into the water? And the veggies don't need to be blanched just washed and plopped into the tank. I would get a medium rock so you can hold it down on the bottom of the tank for easy access

The filter idea is working and I'm washing cucumbers right now. Thanks!

No problem ;) and good luck with babies, mine haven't laid eggs yet , also you just need to put a slice in , usually they dont eat the skin, but everything else they eat

Back
Top Bottom