breeding platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty much. Just mmake sure you have a good M:F ratio. At least 2 female to 1 male, preferably 3

I think all livebearers reproduce rapidly. Guppies I think are the fastest IMO but you will still get a lot of fry from platys. I keep both platys and guppies, well they're really endlers I just call 'em guppies, I keep them both in my 20 and get fry from both.

Ohh ok I was planning on getting a few blue amd regular mickey's breed n leave the fry there to let life run its curse but im not sure what do you guys think also the fry will serve as live food for my rainbow shark

The other fish will definitely eat your fry. You can save them if you want and put them in a breeder box or you can do as you said and let nature run it's course.

I have 3 male Platys and one female. There are a bunch of babies and she is always getting the males attention.

1 LARA said:
I have 3 male Platys and one female. There are a bunch of babies and she is always getting the males attention.

You should have livebearers in a 1 male to 2 or 3 females ratio. I'm sure your female platy is very stressed with three males harassing her.

You should have livebearers in a 1 male to 2 or 3 females ratio. I'm sure your female platy is very stressed with three males harassing her.
Workin on getting a new tank. Yes she seems stressed always on the move.

Back
Top Bottom