Breeding plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will do and she seems to be eating a lot but not sure if she's just hungry cos my male keeps eating everything before she can get to it

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393612601.572926.jpg
This is the bet picture I can get of my male as he is a little monkey and every time I try to take a picture of him he swims away you can't really see it but he has beautiful markings up his back with different shades of stripes which look really good when he is out properly

I know he is so cute and I really hope they breed I have a picture of the two of them if you want to see them both?

Post em.
I am headed with my daughter to a lfs that is not a big chain. It is further than the chains but the website and man on the phone give me high hopes for it. Can't wait.

It's not coconut it's made of the same stuff that most caves for fish tanks are made from but it took me ages to find and the male loves it when he goes in there he pushes all the other fish out and they both love lounging around on top of it the female one goes in sometimes but not a often as the male

So I found an awesome lfs. They are 1000% better than the big chains around here. Not a dead fish to be seen, large tanks appropriate for the stock,and knowledgable staff.
Going to place my order today :)
Looking at:
Rainbow garra
Hillstream loach
2-Red lizard whiptail
5-angels
And a small school fish maybe red platys after a little while

For sure. My new equip is scheduled to be here Thursday. If they don't have the fish In stock and have to order them then whey will be In on Friday. So, ill probably pick em up Saturday.

Just took these pictures they're better than the ones I took yesterday :)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393693210.993444.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393693225.798850.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393693237.684878.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393693248.941276.jpg
And bet you're excited

So I've placed an air stone into my tank now and the plecs have moved into the log which is just in front of the bubbles and the male is chasing other fish off now but no sign of spawning yet however sometimes my female is with him and he seems to love the bubbles and only leaves the area to quickly get food then goes back I'm hoping that this could mean he is getting ready to spawn but not sure that my female is at all ready yet

My male has been trapping my female in the cave and is trying to get her to go into the cab with him so hopefully she will be ready really soon and will lay eggs :)

Back
Top Bottom