Breeding plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately not my male keeps chasing her off again but other time he wants her to be in the cave so I really don't know at the moment

My fish laid eggs after a major water change. It also took them over a year to lay eggs.

Males have bristles around their lip and up their nose/head, females either grow bristles around their lip or not at all in some cases

If my albino hasn't grown bristles at 2-2.3 inch does that mean it is more likely to be female?

I know some females do grow bristles but it hasn't shown any sign of them and now if I look closely at it I can seen tiny bobbles around her lip

I know some females do grow bristles but it hasn't shown any sign of them and now if I look closely at it I can seen tiny bobbles around her lip
i had a full grown 4" fem and she had small bristles, about 1/8" at most, males grow out serious bristles, unmistakable:.

I know that my other pleco is male as he has definite bristles going up his nose and around his lip

I've had them for a while now since they were babies and they seem to be ok together but he often chases her away so I don't know if she definitely is female and I know it can take time for them to breed but they haven't yet I just hope that they will

She's definitely female and I think she's holding eggs :) my male is staying very close to her and she seems plumper on her belly but I can't get a good picture of her :( I will keep trying so that I will definitely know if she is holding eggs or not :)

I have a trio of breeding plecos. Once they started breeding they don't stop! I had to remove my male into a separate tank. However they breed in a tank with all my guppies. All has been great and well and I don't so anything special!

I finally have babies so for only found two albino and one common colour :) so happy ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409343852.806912.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom