Breeding Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4the_Horde

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,
I was wondering if i could get a few pointers on breeding.
I want to breed Discus and now a little about it but more information would be wonderful
-Thanks
Michelle:confused:

Hi there :)
I could answer most all breeding questions but that one! Hopefully someone who has bred Discus will pop in and help you.
Good luck!

Hello! To begin with, what fishes are you planning to breed? How big is your tank? What type is your tank? These are things that you need to provide us so we can help you out.

I guess the standard answer to your questions is to have more females than male fishes in your tank so you're sure that your fishes will really breed. If you need more information about fishes, you can check out this site: Aquarium Tropical Fish Experts-Aquariums-Coral. This is a good kick off point, they have plenty of description of fishes.

I want to breed Discus, Ive seen it done I just dont know how I can accomplish it. Illhvae a 20g fresh, i dont know if that will be enough for them and how will i be able to tell if they are male and female?

Back
Top Bottom