breeding setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Artist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone post your pics of your set ups. This is to help me and other people start breeding. (Can be any fish setup)

I don't really have a dedicated breeding setup, per se. Once I move and have to consolidate all of my tanks down into just a few, I'll have it a little more organized, but for now I just move things around as needed. For example, with some of my guppy fry, instead of isolating them to their own tank, I just let the mother give birth in an already running shrimp tank, and i'll leave the fry in there for a month or so before moving them somewhere else. The most important thing to have when breeding is several tanks.

img_1785159_0_35861c11eab17edcaf80c29f7e266f0a.jpg
This is what it looked like when I first set it up, I moved a lot of the tanks around though after I got some old displays so now everything except for the 40 gallon breeder racks are consolidated to the walls.

This is the rack in the back up close, it holds 6 40 breeder tanks, albeit tightly, I cracked one when moving them.

img_1785159_1_793ad91a7530de24eab8cbb1d9cd833c.jpg

very nice i only have: 6-10g(one broke but i will fix it later) a 24g a 38g and im going to make a 180g deep freeze that no longer works into a indoor pond

what do you breed?

Oh that stinks I'm upsizing kinda I saw a guy was throwing away some 10gal so I grabbed them

So what do you think of my idea for turning a deep freeze into a big fish tank/pond

If it holds water, why not. It wouldn't be much to look at if you kept it above ground, since you can't see into the sides, but burying it or building a deck around it and putting it outside would be kinda cool.

Breeding fish...

I started breeding fish back in the 1960s and still breed some varieties today. I have a wealth of knowledge (I was trained by a certifed Ichthyologist) that I would like to pass along to the next generation of tropical fish hobbyists. If anyone is looking for a mentor, please send me a private message including what you would like to breed, what equipment you have and how much time you can didicate to your breeding program.
Some of the fish I have bred:
Cichlids (multiple varieties)
Goldfish
Guppies
Mollys
Platys
Swordtails
Angelfish
Discus
Gouramis
Bettas
Barbs
Tetras
Danios
Killiefish
to name a few ;)

If you want to be a serious breeder, pm me(y)

Back
Top Bottom