Breeding shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I wanna start breeding shrimp for some quick cash as I don't have a job right now. So what kind of shrimp would be easy to breed in let's say a 10g or less? And what shrimp can get me some decent money?

Any of the true freshwater shrimp are pretty easy to breed. Some are a little harder to sell cause of them being easy to find. Id look on aquabid and see what ones are going for the most there. I am going to warn you aquatics arent a get rich kinda thing at lezs you can afford thousands of tanks and lots of room

You'll want to buy the highest grade available, otherwise they won't sell super well. Unless you sell them for super cheap. Pretty much you stick them in a tank, wait for them mature, provide lots of plants, feed them a bit with good food, keep the water nice and clean, and you have shrimplets.

Could they breed in a tank with other fish and is a ten gallon ok to start in

Aha that's a good reason ok so sponge filter, ten gallon, by themselves. Sounds good to me now just one last question is there any websites that have good shrimp for a decent price I don't have a job that's why I'm doing this

Well you're not going to make as much money as you would with a job but I usually but them off a forum.

Ok thanks yeah I'm only 16 and just need gas money to get back an forth to school and to support my other tanks

Are those pretty decent priced or would I only get a few cents for them

Here is a bump and my two cents. Do cherry shrimp they are easy to breed and sell for more than glass shrimp. Do a ten gallon with only shrimp a sponge filter some driftwood and some moss and your good to go. Feed a variety of food as well. If you really want the shrimp to thrive get almond leaves too.

Thanks that helps a lot Ill try that out I jut need some quick cash and this seems to be the easiest way to get it haha

First, you will need to get a set up. Don't think aquarium, think shrimp farm. Get 2-6 large rubber made plastic storage boxes, a cheap 6' shop light, gang valves, gravel and airline. Set the boxes up and cycle just like a tank or cheat and use a carbon filter bag. Using only one bulb put the light on top of the boxes and add shrimp to each. If you can affored it get some java moss and break it up between the boxes, it will grow like wild fire. The shrimp will thrive at room temp as long as it is 70 + degrees. Once you sell some shrimp, get sponge filters for each box.

Hansypatty1968 on Aquabid. They are great folks and will help you out. Let them know HenningC referred you. Best of luck.

Wow thanks ill have to try that if/when I start thanks for the help there

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom