Brian's ADA 60P (17g) Rimless - Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good man! Making it look soo easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A quick update for this evening. I finally got around to spot treating the BBA on the Ohko stones with some H202. They fizzed up nicely but will follow-up with a couple of more treatments soon. Also trimmed down the plants and mowed down the UG lawn.

I like how some of the fissidens that attached itself to the stones are growing into nice lush bushes. I think this contrasts well against the UG. I'm thinking of ditching the purple cambomba on the back left and adding some myrio red when I'm able to propagate more stems.

Here are a few pics :)

15667777424_84ffdeac1a_b.jpg

Before the trim. H202 making it look like alka seltzer in my tank!

16289359452_cb84175ec4_h.jpg

Couple days after... BBA looks somewhat phased. I think two more treatments should do it.

16264265846_b61d54336e_b.jpg

Side view.

Looks like a work of art! Keep up the good work!

Nice cluster in the back corner, hides extremely well! What's the flow like in there? Just the hob?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks everyone for the feedback and kind words! :)

@Brook - yeah, just the HOB, skimmer (occasionally), and weekly PWC's is all the flow this tank gets. When I do top-off's every other day or so, I pour in the far end to create a little movement there in case of a dead spot. The clusters of plants are getting thick, however, I'd imagine overall circulation must be kind of bad. Luckily, nothing bad seems to be coming out of that. Other than the bba I'm dealing with on the stones.. there's a little bit of GSA on the diffuser disk, but no where else.

A quick update for this evening. I finally got around to spot treating the BBA on the Ohko stones with some H202. They fizzed up nicely but will follow-up with a couple of more treatments soon. Also trimmed down the plants and mowed down the UG lawn.

I like how some of the fissidens that attached itself to the stones are growing into nice lush bushes. I think this contrasts well against the UG. I'm thinking of ditching the purple cambomba on the back left and adding some myrio red when I'm able to propagate more stems.

Here are a few pics :)

15667777424_84ffdeac1a_b.jpg

Before the trim. H202 making it look like alka seltzer in my tank!

16289359452_cb84175ec4_h.jpg

Couple days after... BBA looks somewhat phased. I think two more treatments should do it.

16264265846_b61d54336e_b.jpg

Side view.

You are now officially my hero, looks fantastic man

So many awesome tanks on here. I can't pick the best one, each has their own great points!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Think you can have your neons tell mine it is ok to come out of hiding? They have the pop of color i want, but I never see them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What are some of the stem plants on the back in the center, the red ones and the green one that's just starting to come out. Also your AR mini looks very healthy and happy!

What are some of the stem plants on the back in the center, the red ones and the green one that's just starting to come out. Also your AR mini looks very healthy and happy!

Plants in the back from left to right: purple cambomba, pogostemon erectus, rotala macrandra, ludwigia sp. red, Hemianthus micranthemoides (aka: baby tears, not dwarf), and myriophyllum red.

Thanks on the AR mini. Just love this plant. Wouldn't have been possible without OldScales. :)

Think you can have your neons tell mine it is ok to come out of hiding? They have the pop of color i want, but I never see them.

It takes a while for them to get comfy and less shy. Having a densely planted tank and at least 6 of them helps. They come out to the glass and surface every time they see me. They associate me with feeding time. Yours will get there as long as they're not stressed.

Plants in the back from left to right: purple cambomba, pogostemon erectus, rotala macrandra, ludwigia sp. red, Hemianthus micranthemoides (aka: baby tears, not dwarf), and myriophyllum red.

Thanks on the AR mini. Just love this plant. Wouldn't have been possible without OldScales. :)

I love the look of the purple cabomba. You are really getting great reds. What are you running for light on this tank now a days? Are you adding any extra iron?

I started using my E-Series in conjunction with a Sat+. I noticed that with the E-Series alone sitting on the tank, the spread wasn't the greatest so the stems in the back would grow forward and not be as red. So I'm supplementing with the Sat+ in the back with full on red RGB and white. I only run it for 6 hours, whereas the E-Series for 7.5 hours on orange preset.

I dose pps-pro with an increased po4 solution. I'll dose Seachem iron twice a week, about 4mL each dose.

And of course good flow and CO2. So PAR wise your around 100?

Dude, this tank looks sick. I haven't been on in months and just wanted to come back to check your tank out! I'm gonna get a mini m going here in a couple weeks as soon as I get some money to do so. Good job on the plant placement, it looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

And of course good flow and CO2. So PAR wise your around 100?
Sorry, missed responding to this one. Well, the e-Series pulls in 105 PAR @ 12" and the Sat+ is 36 PAR at 12"... I do keep the E-Series on at full blast, and the Sat+ is somewhat dim with reds turned up. So I'd guess between 115 to 130 PAR. I run a really short photoperiod of 6 to 7 hours. I'll occasionally run a dim dynamic mode like clouds for a couple of hours (added to the photoperiod) 2 or 3 days out of the week..

Dude, this tank looks sick. I haven't been on in months and just wanted to come back to check your tank out! I'm gonna get a mini m going here in a couple weeks as soon as I get some money to do so. Good job on the plant placement, it looks great.

Joey! Buddy... how are man? Haven't seen you on the boards for a good while. Still have your drilled SW 60p? A Mini M would be nice! I have the GLA version, same dimensions. Neat little tank! Let me know when you get started. Thanks for the complement too :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom