Brian's ADA 60P (17g) Rimless - Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL... well, it's my new logo/mark outside of the aquarium hobby. I'm going to ASU for graphic info technology w/ web development as my focus. So during our last session, we were constructing our portfolios and learning how to "brand" ourselves in the creative field. I'm a senior now and can't wait to graduate... I'm sick of school at this point and just want to work. :)

Great pics! You've got a good eye. Did you use a tripod?
I'm leaning towards the NX1100 for cost reasons

I agree you're EBR looks like a male. Congrats :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great pics! You've got a good eye. Did you use a tripod?
I'm leaning towards the NX1100 for cost reasons

I agree you're EBR looks like a male. Congrats :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi Mike... Thanks buddy. It's good to see you here in AA occasionally.

Anyways, no tripod for these shots. I believe they look sharp because of the image stabilization in my lens. So if you get a camera, get one with the OIS kit lens. I haven't researched that particular model to know the differences. I got mine from B&H Photo, free ship / no tax.

Hi Mike... Thanks buddy. It's good to see you here in AA occasionally.

Anyways, no tripod for these shots. I believe they look sharp because of the image stabilization in my lens. So if you get a camera, get one with the OIS kit lens. I haven't researched that particular model to know the differences. I got mine from B&H Photo, free ship / no tax.

All 3 of the NX series cameras with the 20-50mm lens have OIS, however, after reading the review and comparison here Samsung NX2000 - Digital cameras - CNET Reviews I' think I;ll go with the NX2000 for $50 more than the NX1100

I do believe the biggest factor in fine photography is the operator more than the equipment, and you have many talents, my friend. Nice work.

ps. I know several folks looking for a good web designer, forward me your resume

All 3 of the NX series cameras with the 20-50mm lens have OIS, however, after reading the review and comparison here Samsung NX2000 - Digital cameras - CNET Reviews I' think I;ll go with the NX2000 for $50 more than the NX1100

I do believe the biggest factor in fine photography is the operator more than the equipment, and you have many talents, my friend. Nice work.

ps. I know several folks looking for a good web designer, forward me your resume

I've read that the 20-50 doesn't have OIS but the 18-55 does. However, the optics and sharpness of the 20-50 is better. Anyways, here see some nice pics taken with a 20-50, so it's still a fine choice.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53164024

Yeah I'd get the nx2000 for that price difference. The nx2000 and nx300 even have the same sensor. You're absolutely right about having the right person behind the camera. Plus, most photographers would rather invest in lenses (aka: "glass") than a camera body. If you're cool with no OVF/EVF (optical/electric view finder) for composing shots, then go for it. For some, especially the seasoned photographer, find this to be a dealbreaker.

I really appreciate the compliment on my talents. It's definitely a work in progress. And thanks for the referral offer. I'll keep that in mind when the time comes.

I'm going to shoot you a PM shortly. I have some gear suggestions for the camera.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393304951.450023.jpg
I picked up a rotted bag and it still grew strong, this is a clump that looked dead just two weeks ago! I agree, tissues are well worth itImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393305083.553198.jpg
This is another half dead bargain buy from a local shop! Love it

Thanks for the PM

I'm picking up a D20 from a fellow SCAPE member today to play with until I figure out what I want to spend $$$ on

Honestly Brian, I need to make sure I have the talent and acumen to demand a $500+ investment. I really like what you are doing with the NX300, and I really like that camera.

Keep those drool-worthy shots coming (y)

Thanks, Brookster... What happened to your pair? And, I feel kinda silly to ask... but what's the lack of "h2" mean?
welp, I put them in a month old tank, 10 gal tank :hides: the male relentlessly chased the other m or f around to the point it was dead one morning, than the remaining male died of what appeared to be an ammonia burn, I know it sounds horrible but that series of events is what led me to find AA. Lack if h2 means it looks like your fish are floating in air!

Thanks for the PM

I'm picking up a D20 from a fellow SCAPE member today to play with until I figure out what I want to spend $$$ on

Honestly Brian, I need to make sure I have the talent and acumen to demand a $500+ investment. I really like what you are doing with the NX300, and I really like that camera.

Keep those drool-worthy shots coming (y)

Is that a Canon 20D? So are you debating between SLR and Mirrorless? Or have you narrowed it down to Mirrorless? If it's the latter, I'd compare Samsung and Sony. Although if you're really impressed with the Canon selection of lenses, I know Canon will be releasing the EOS M2.

As far as talent and acumen is concerned, I think you have it, no doubt. I mean, you picked up this planted tank hobby in a snap. Not to mention, the execution on your scapes certainly has artistic flair to it.

Anyway... I know you're digging through the reviews and forums online -- weighing the pros and cons of each system. You'll figure it out and find one that best suits your needs within the budget (y)

Back
Top Bottom