Bribo's 20 gallon rimless reef/Eventual 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank is looking unbelievable! I'm sorry for missing all these updates, getting ready to leave my tank while on vacation for the first time (scary!)

The Hawkins is beautiful, it looks kind of mystical with icy blue polyps and not as much of a "fuzzy" look as a BN.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys! Hopefully the Hawkins grows quickly, gotta light acclimate it first though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just curious, does Echinata fall under any particular category or sub species of coral (mille, acro, etc.?)

It'll be interesting to see where you fit it in!

It is a species of acropora just like millepora is. However, Ora's "Echinata" is probably A. turaki rather than A. echinata

Interesting. I think it's fascinating - how much variety there is in species of coral, and yet they all live in the ocean (in which of course, there are still so many infinitely different environments.)

I hope the Hawkins grows fast too, it's a particularly beautiful coral!

Yeah there is quite a variation in acropora species! In color and growth, I'm hoping the hawkins grows quite quickly as well :)

Yeah there is quite a variation in acropora species! In color and growth, I'm hoping the hawkins grows quite quickly as well :)

I'm sure it will. You seem to grow them fuzzy sticks quite well :)

Grr, went to make water and realized I don't have enough salt after I already mixed most of it... So I just ordered another 55 gallon bucket. Good job to me...not :(.

Yeah tank will be fine til Wednesday or Thursday when the salt comes :). Doh

I'm sure it will. You seem to grow them fuzzy sticks quite well :)

He didn't tell you his secret :cool: Miracle grow :ROFLMAO::D:D(y):brows::lol:
everyone tells me I got special water as my livestock always grow so fast
now if only the coral would keep up lol:whistle:

PHP:
Grr, went to make water and realized I don't have enough salt after I  already mixed most of it... So I just ordered another 55 gallon bucket.  Good job to me...not :(.

Lol
been there done that more than once your not alone
Now I keep a extra 50 gal bag in the supply cabinet I have just for my tanks
with everything I keep in there my wife aways asks if I'm sure I'm not starting a fish store lol:blink: it's almost like a dooms day locker LMAO:ROFLMAO:

Thanks seaweed! Glad I'm not alone lol.

I literally need one more cup lol. Would it be a terrible idea to just throw a cup of reef crystals in?

Doubt it would hurt anything. Or just let some evaporate until you get the salinity your looking for

Yessir here you go. Freshly taken
NMosUdr.jpg

This is literally my inspiration for my 14G, bribo it's amazing!

Bribo you think you can either put a list on here or pm me on what you have in your tank so I can get an idea of what to look for?

Back
Top Bottom