Bribo's 20 gallon rimless reef/Eventual 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bribo I got a q for you, what would cause my zoas to close like this? My tank was running a bit hot at 86...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404857934.282288.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My guess would be the temp with out knowing params. Anything above 82 can bother/harm corals

That aiptasia could be bugging them too

Okay thanks guys, my stupid biocube runs hot and when I put the other lights on it runs hot. The 10,000k lights are fine with temps. I'll cut that aiptasia off

oh yeah, the aptaisa I had was right i the middle of my colony and it was not happy. Stayed close the whole time till i managed to get it out.

Don't cut it off. You need to inject it with aiptasia x or joes juice. Cutting it will create more

Okay I'll have to find some of that, would it make a difference if I took it out of the tank and pulled it off?

No you can do that if it is not to much of a hassle. Just scrub it off in a separate bucket.

Yea no hassle lol, it's a tiny frag. I got a new torch in from divers den! I'll post on my thread later once it's acclimated in there :)

Made a frag of my fire and ice zoas and another bn frag today :)

I pulled the rock out and a couple were dangling off so I just razor blades those off.

You ordered a couple polyps of fire and ice right??? Lol jk zoas are kinda hard to frag...

Yeah I imagine I'll have to remove a bunch of rocks once that time comes. But I'll jump that hurdle when I come to it.

Back
Top Bottom