Brine shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Are brine shrimp bad for saltwater fish I just got a hatch And feed thinking I wouldn't have to buy any more frozen foods so I got it and did some looking online about them and have seen some mixed answers about them. Need help.

Brine shrimp are but not the egg shells can block fish digestive systems and not easy to separate them to y understanding. Also need to feed while brine shrimp are young for nutrition but there are plenty of people who do do it.

brine isn't very nutritious
you would still need to supplement other nutritious foods
I've been breeding mysiss shrimp along with pods a little over a year now
and found the tank bred mysiss along with pods just don't hold the nutrition you can see it in the fishes color they aren't as vibrant
if I feed them a fresh deli shrimp I can see the changes in the color they get real bright

brine isn't very nutritious
you would still need to supplement other nutritious foods
I've been breeding mysiss shrimp along with pods a little over a year now
and found the tank bred mysiss along with pods just don't hold the nutrition you can see it in the fishes color they aren't as vibrant
if I feed them a fresh deli shrimp I can see the changes in the color they get real bright

Ok, in interested. How do you feed your tank deli shrimp? I'd throw them through the blender.

Read that the first time and I imagined you standing in front of your tank for hours while they feasted before remembering Doug's food mix. Still need to mix it up one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom