Bristle worms help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sean57

Aquarium Advice Regular
All of the sudden they're popping up everywhere. And they're bothering my corals. What do I do? I sucked two up with the baster but I don't think that will be a efective way of getting rid of them I know there are two more I have seen them they just got away...... Help!

I've got literally hundreds and none have ever bothered any of my corals, some even become coral food. How do you know they are bothering them?

And kinda transparent you can see there digestive tract. I just worried because I got in to this for there reef part, ( corals) and don't want anything bothering them or eating them.

I read about the filter sock trap but what does that do for water quality? If you are letting food set in the trap for any amount of time wouldn't that affect your water quality?

bristle worms are a sure sign of overfeeding. just cut back on your feeding and their population will decline. if they are in your corals, your corals are dying and they are just cleaning up the mess.

Well I got fauna for my refugium and noticed a few days later I had them in my fauna so first question is is this a bad thing? And second is will they get to my main tank I betting yes but not sure

they aren't bad. they are actually good. they are a free "cleanup crew" if there is such a thing, but a rapid rise in population means there is an abundance of food.

Well overfeeding shouldn't be the only food I put in my tank is brine shrimp that I put in two or three at a time. After my clowns eat that I put two or three more until they stop swarming it. And I do that only every other day. I bought a trap today and put it in at 10:30pm, at 12:15am had three and I dumped it, reloaded it and I'm going to wait and see what's in there in the morning... Hope this works well .................

you should be feeding more than brine shrimp. brine itself is not very nutritious.
3 cubes of frozen brine is a lot of food IMO, especially in a 28 gallon tank.

Not three cubes, three shrimp. I use a spoon after I thawed them in a lttle salt water from the tank. I put three or four pieces in after they eat that I put two or three more in until they lose intrest in the food then I stop. The pet store said that's what they needed. What else should I be feeding?

Good flake or pellet food is more nutritious than brine shrimp. I like New Spectrum flakes with garlic; the fishes like it a lot it seems too. Also I use Ocean Nutrition pellets.

Back
Top Bottom