bristle worms in a 14 gal biocube i am buying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bretts

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I also am buying an interesting starter answered my own question read up guess they are ok DOH here is the ad if all looks good i think i will have it mar 11 11

This is 1 year old. I will be moving across the country soon. I set this thing up so awesome, you don't even realize. I made it as low maintenance as possible. Water change once a month and you are golden. Everything i have bought is easily valued at over $1300.including:
- Biocube 14 gallon aquarium
- Black/White Clownfish (hosting in coral)
- Yellow Clown Goby (so vibrant)
- Cleaner shrimp (helps keep fish clean and healthy)
- 20lbs liverock from vanuatu (came with a mystery crab that seems harmless and is extremely cool. He lives in the rocks)
- 20lbs livesand (black/white)
- Snails
- 1 electric blue hermit crab
- 1 red scarlet hermit crab
- 2 types of xenia coral (takes no special care...awesome)
- mini brittle starfish (probably hundreds)
- Bristleworms
- a pile of different insects
- ampipods
- Enhanced powerhead with more power than stock and rotating head
- Spare powerhead for backup and to mix saltwater fast
- Koralia nano
- Stealth heater fits in first chamber
- Second chamber is filled with liverock
- third chamber has chemipure bag and powerhead filter
- top tray in second chamber holds filter floss ( i have a roll of it, SO CHEAP/works better than biocube filters)
- Fresh lights with a backup pair incase they ever burnt out
- magnet cleaner
- glass algae scraper
- salinity meter
- thermometer
- 3 almost full different types of food
- syphonng tube
- pair of aquarium gloves
- bioballs if u ever wanted to use them...which u shouldnt
- and an automatic timer and surge protector for the lights to turn off and on automatically.

I will be sad to see this go. I have taken my time stocking it so there is still room for you to add livestock and make it your own. Pictures arent great...didnt have time to clean it up first.

Attachments

• bio 14.jpg
    bio 14.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 224
It didn't say anything about a test kit, so make sure you get a good one and test once a week.I would perform partial water changes more than once a month, probably weekly. It looks cool though.

thanks Turbo price is 400 i think its a good deal just didnt know for sure newbie and all, i will pick up a kit ,some new sand and some things while i am in the city picking it up

That sounds high to me, search Craigslist for better deals. I paid 300 bucks for a 65 gallon with a sump, skimmer, stand and canopy. It had a ton of live rock in it. There are good deals everywhere, there is a 72 gallon bowfront on there right now for 225.

I love when people break down everything so that its a huge list, it makes it seem like so much more stuff.

I paid $300 for my 120 gallon with custom built stand and canopy with built in sump. All pre drilled with plumbing and over flow box. Also came with return pump and a skimmer (which i sold and bought a new one). And as a bonus he gave me his RO/DI unit. So $300 for that tank is a lot of money, you can find good deals out there just have to look hard sometimes. I held off buying a new one, and it was the best thing I did.

thanks guess i will look some more heres the latest its a 90 gal should fit in my truck i would just have to throw out most of the water and mix some new when i arrive home with everything
:cool:
90 lbs of live rock, live sand. Tank, protein skimmer, lights, circulating pump, canister filter, heater and more. Price reduced! $600 takes it all.

Attachments

• 90 gal 1.jpg
    90 gal 1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 90 2.jpg
    90 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 147
  • 90 3.jpg
    90 3.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 90 5.jpg
    90 5.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 138
Price reduced.. So use an alternate email and offer 300$ wait 3 days use another email and offer 400 he will take that is my guess lol

Hahah I love that idea with the 2 emails...never thought of that...should work like a charm!

Yeah that first set-up is extremely expensive. That 90 gallon sounds like a fairly good catch especially with 90lbs of live rock in it + the equipment.

I don't know if i can afford it as I cant get them to budge less than 1100 but is it a good deal the fish sure seem happy with it:smilecolros:
This salt water aquarium inclues absolutely everything that is required to run a successful salt water system. The tank itself measures 48" long by 16" wide by 24" high. The tank sits on top of a black melamine stand that is loaded with storage room for all equipment and accessories. In total if everything was added up as to it's original cost the tank as it sits has a total value of $6000.00 (all receipts are included).

Included with this tank are as follows:
  • Aqualight Pro 48" light system ( includes 2- 150 Watt metal halide bulbs with transformers, 2- 96 Watt actinics plus 3- 15 watt lunar lights). This lighting system mimics the sunlight as well as the moonlight and is amazingly slim plus is equipped with a cooling fan. Retail $1200.00+$360(bulbs)
  • 80 gallon tank with stand. Retail $400
  • Aqua Remora protein skimmer. Retail $ 350.00
  • Eheim Professional II filtration system. Retail $290.00
  • 2- Seio 820 Flow pumps. Retail $200.00
  • EBO-Jager aquarium heater 200 Watt. Retail $80.00
  • 81 pounds of LIVE rock. Retail $809.00
  • 200 pounds of fine & medium aggregate sea sand. Retail $200.00
  • Various saltwater inhabitants: 2- Clownfish, 1- Yellow Tang, 1- Sailfin Tang,1- Yellowhead Goby, 1- Spotted Mandarin, 1- Bangai Cardinal, 1- Orchid Dottyback, 2- Yellowtail blue Damselfish, 2- Peppermint Cleaner Shrimp,4- Mexican Turbo Snails, 10-12 blue legged snails/hermet crabs, countless Sand Snails. Retail $550.00
  • Assortment of Corals . Retail $500.00
  • Food and essential elements/additives. Retail $668.00
  • Test kits , cleaning supplies and accessories. Retail $410.00
Over $6000 retail value for this existing Salt water Aquarium and absolutely everything is included.

Just installed brand new metal halide bulbs and brand new actinic bulbs. ($350 value)

Regularly maintained and serviced every two weeks.

Professional aquarium service available for tank relocation.

Asking only $1395.00 ! (O.B.O.)
77% below Retail cost!

Unfortunately I have to sell this beautiful tank due to house renovations and lack of space.

You are welcome to come by and view it in person as the pictures don't do it justice.

Attachments

• 80 gal.jpg
    80 gal.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 80 4.jpg
    80 4.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 80 3.jpg
    80 3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 80 2.jpg
    80 2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 63
that stuff isn't worth 6 grand. boy...people trying to get out of the hobby act like used car salesman sometimes..lol.
those prices are way inflated. the skimmer is under powered. google those items he has listed. you will see the prices he listed are 3 and 4 times the retail cost.

that stuff isn't worth 6 grand. boy...people trying to get out of the hobby act like used car salesman sometimes..lol.
those prices are way inflated. the skimmer is under powered. google those items he has listed. you will see the prices he listed are 3 and 4 times the retail cost.

plus, its ugly..

yeah somehow i was thinking the same thing, i mean almost $700 in food and additives? come on now!

The whole fun part of the hobby is starting from scatch and watching your eco system develop do buy the ready made your just going to want to change IMO

Back
Top Bottom