Bristlenose catfish and ammonia Q's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blucat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1. Just got a bristlenose catfish today. Its only juvenile but its cute. What is the best food to feed it? Will it take fish flakes?

2. Also got a total ammonia test kit. There was no nitrate test kits selling. I have no ammonia, but does that mean that my tank has finished cycling?

3. I want to get some clown loaches. Can i keep them in pairs, or do they have to be in threes or more? My tank is 24 gall/90 litre so it is a bit small. Am also planning to get angelfish in future. Are clown loaches and angelfish compatible?

Thanks for any advice.

Although your pleco is primarily an algae eater, it will relish flake food, shrimp pellets, even flake food. The best food to feed it are algae wafers. I feed mine broccoli stems and they love it.

Your cycle isn't complete until the nitrITES go to zero.

Clown loaches will eventually outgrow a 24 gal tank.

Cut the stem into slices about 1/2 thick. Microwive for 30 seconds and allow to cool before dropping in your tank. :wink:

I think it is best to feed Algea Wafers-Omega One Makes some very high quality ones-My plecos luv em.

JMHO

i feed my bn cucumber, zucchini (Courgette), sinking algea waffers, catfish pellets, blood worms, bine shrimp, even boiled potato... oh and i never scrape algae from my tank... plus the odd prawn every now and again :)

BN's are pretty damn tough

Back
Top Bottom