Bristlenose Hiding Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My brisltlenose catfish used to hide under my heater which was mounted at an angle on the back wall of my tank. Yesterday I switched to an in-line heater and now his favorite hiding spot is gone. He is rearranging my substrate trying to find a new spot to hide from the evil light. There are little mounds and ditches everywhere around objects in the tank. I put a big piece of PVC in the tank trying to give him a temporary spot to hide. He attempted to dig under it. I am thinking I need to give him somewhere or something to hide under before he stresses out too much. This tank is sort of in transition and all the occupants will eventually be moved to another tank (once I cut down on the snail population but that is another issue).

Does anyone have any ideas for something cheap and easy for a temporary hiding spot? I would hate to put the old heater back in but I guess I could in a pinch even if I did not plug it in.

Edit - Update: He seems to have settled into a nice spot that he dug under a piece of driftwood. Maybe I don't need to bother at all.

I was going to say he would find a place that suited him unless you had no hiding spots at all. They really like driftwood if you have some. Worst comes to worst you can put the heater back in if you want and not plug it in.

Back
Top Bottom