Bristlenose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ill have to try that to then, he hasn't found the cucumber yet. When should i take it put?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I moved it near where he hangs out

Cool. Submit a picture of him eating it. :) it might take a moment for him to find it, but if he is anything like mine, you won't be able to keep him away from it. :)

I had it in for a few hours, took it out now but he didn't seem interested at all, a little bit scared even. I'll try again tomorrow when its feeding time.

The first time I left a thick piece of cucumber in for about 1 day, by then, he had eaten through the centre of it. It took them a while to get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Keep offering it. He will find it and then he will be a happy camper. Mine likes zucchini better than cucumber. I feed veggies 2-3 times a week, along with frozen food. I have a heavily planted tank and my BN's don't bother my plants except to clean them.

I slice up a veggie then freeze the slices in a ziploc (separate so they don't stick together). Then I take out a few and let them sit in a cup of warm water for a few minutes then feed. They are a nice soft consistency for the fish at that point. (My other fish like them, too).

If you get on Amazon and search for veggie clips, there are two kinds. One is an orange clown fish--those break really easily. I've gone through several that didn't last long. The clear ones (come in a pack of two) have been awesome. Still on my first set of those.

Also, I wouldn't leave the cuc/zucchini slices in there for more than 24 hours.

That would explain why I keep getting gunk in my filter! Lol. No more than 24 hours and clear veggie clips on amazon, check. Thanks.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412824850.191827.jpg

Finally got him eating it!?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412967039.230457.jpg

Yeah! But be careful, I noticed you took off the skin - it might fall apart really quickly and get into your filter. :)

Okay thanks, i tried a few different things to see what he likes best but he doesnt seem to fussy about the skins

Here are a couple pix. She is about 3 inches long. I don't remember exactly when I got them. Several months ago.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413031263.241628.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413031315.107353.jpg

Finally found something else my pleco likes, red pears! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413067922.445076.jpg

And got a new clip at my LFS.

I'll give that a try too then! Can i see a pic of your overall tanks? Interested on your set ups

I'm looking into changing the background, but I have a betta that likes to attack its reflection, so I have to be careful.

Nice tank! Always liked the idea of a betta community tank but never gone for it. What size is your tank?

29 gallon long. I did the gradual thing with the betta community tank as I wanted to make sure the betta was okay. So far everyone seems happy. It took me 2 years to find the right mix and I am lucky I ended up with a laid back betta. :)

Similar size to mine then i think. How many rasboras do you have? Do they school nicely? I have 9 ember tetra atm but they just seem to be all over the tank and not schooling properly

Back
Top Bottom