bristlenose plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrisgaucher

Aquarium Advice Activist
I heard bristlenoae ecos are cool to breed. I want to get a pair and breed them. I have a 29 gal fw tank and its well planted. I have some fish in there like guppies platies and swordtails. I'm just wondering how to go about starting to breed them and how to breed them. Also how much I could sell the babies for. I'm completely new to bristlenoae so any info on them is greatly appreciated! Thank you

I heard bristlenoae ecos are cool to breed. I want to get a pair and breed them. I have a 29 gal fw tank and its well planted. I have some fish in there like guppies platies and swordtails. I'm just wondering how to go about starting to breed them and how to breed them. Also how much I could sell the babies for. I'm completely new to bristlenoae so any info on them is greatly appreciated! Thank you

There are a few different bristly nose Pleco. In my opinion, the golden one with blue eyes are worth a lot but difficult to breed. They are very messy in regards to poop and whatnot. So a nutshell, you would have to do a lot of frequent water change to keep water clean.

In order to breed them, you really want to have them, in a tank by themselves with caves and sand.

i breed bristle nose. get a 10 gallon tank and put one male and 2 female in it . put a hob filter on it put gravel in about 2 inches thick . dig a hole in the gravel about 4 inches by 4 inches and lay a grey piece of slate or flat grey tile over it. keep temp about 75 to 78 and do a cold pwc daily for 1 week and see what happens

What is a cold pwc? And okay I have a 29 gal with other fish can I just put them in that?

you could try to put them in there but other fish will eat the eggs and babies. cold pwc is cold partial water changes

Back
Top Bottom