Broke a test tube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was drying out my API test tubes today with a paper towel and one of them broke. Luckily it just broke into to pieces. Do the refills come with test tubes?

Good question, I dunno. But you could easily go on ebay and find small test tubes that would work just fine. I use a 10ml beaker and a mag stirrer for my tests.

if you buy the test kit, just like ammonia, ph, nitrate, nitrate, whatever, they do come with one... but like neilanh said, you can probably order a few of those tubes for next to nothing online... just make sure it already has 5ml marked on it so you can keep your tests accurate... and learn your lesson, dont shove paper towels in a thin glass tube lol

I was drying out my API test tubes today with a paper towel and one of them broke. Luckily it just broke into to pieces. Do the refills come with test tubes?

could use any type of container aslong as you have something to measure out 5ml like a syringe or another tube, spoons etc

could use any type of container aslong as you have something to measure out 5ml like a syringe or another tube, spoons etc

I'll look around, but I have to close it and put drops in which would be hard in a syringe, but I'll look around, I'll also look on the internet.

I'll look around, but I have to close it and put drops in which would be hard in a syringe, but I'll look around, I'll also look on the internet.

no use the syringe to meausre out the tank water into any container (preferably see through lol)

i just dont see how you broke it lol... i just now dropped one of mine after rinsing it, it fell off the counter on to a hard floor, and didnt break... did you try to cram like 6 paper towels in it? lol

i just dont see how you broke it lol... i just now dropped one of mine after rinsing it, it fell off the counter on to a hard floor, and didnt break... did you try to cram like 6 paper towels in it? lol

It was one paper towel, I didn't expect it to break it spooked me a little even. lol

Each of the individual kits comes with a separate test tube. <I have half a dozen kicking around if you want one.>

But you can use any see through small container. 5 ml is 1 teaspoon, so just measure out a teaspoon of water & make a mark on your new tube & you are set.

I had one tip over in the sink. I sat it down in the middle and bumped it softly. It cracked in half and sort of exploded. Perhaps it was just old and used, but that's all it took for one of mine. I have like 6 test kits and I'm down to one tube. =P

Back
Top Bottom