BROKEN shell help please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AprilMDEE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm new to this. I know the forum said unhealthy fish well mine is a snail..I was cleaning the gravel in my aquarium with the worst tool ever! Its the gravel cleaner with the tube you have to pump up and down to gain suction and when doing this I broke my nitrite snails shell pretty bad. I can't tell if his body is exposed or not. its from the side to the back almost. I feel awful!! I've had this little guy for about a year and he has been doing so good and now I've done this. Please any advice is greatly appreciated! I've called local 911 vets and they kind of laugh and dismiss me. I'm new to this so I hope that someone can help and I'm doing this right!

Attachments

• 20210429_222648.jpg
    20210429_222648.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 19
There is trying to glue a piece of eggshell to the snails shell.

You can boil a shell to get any odd bacteria from it.

Cool it down.

Find / make a piece which looks the right size.

Then making sure not to get any on the body of the snail.

Get Cyanoacrylate gel glue.

Take the snail, put a dot of glue on the egg shell to affix to the snails damaged part.

If you have to, you could put the glue around the damaged part, avoiding the crack itself as much as possible.

Chances are if it works and the snail lives awhile longer, then it could eventually break off and you would do it again.

I had a snail live a decent amount of time after a crack. Also had to repair it again because the glued on piece fell off.

All you can do is try.

Back
Top Bottom