Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yah I know I just started a build thread, well the tank leaked and I went running to petco for a 40b (talk about timing). I've put together a sketch of the intended scape. Similar to my 30b but a little more intentionally planned I think.. thoughts? I'll being running 2 current satellite plus, dosing pps pro, diy co2 (on steroids) for the time being but I'm slowly ordering the components for the darkest of sides..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1405028341196.jpg
    1405028341196.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 447
I like it.. But I'd probably switch places on the Pogo. Erectus and Rotala. The light green of the Pogo will provide better contrast from the reddish hues of the rotala species. Plus the downoi would also contrast better and not get lost with a similarly bright green background.

I like it! Thanks for taking a look man!

I forgot to include my am. Bonsai, where you guts thinking? Maybe behind the at mini?

Yea i think in and around your driftwood/rocks.

Ammania bonsai i think stays fairly shortish, like 12-15cm. So if they are fairly large rocks it might look good in front

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea i think in and around your driftwood/rocks.

Ammania bonsai i think stays fairly shortish, like 12-15cm. So if they are fairly large rocks it might look good in front

Good call, this tank is going to be sweet, my problem is I usually rush the scape and regret it later, as I already am in the leaky 30b.. this time around should be a gem.. how come people try to sell used goods for a profit on Craigs list? It's rather annoying..

Yea i must admit im the same. Ive regretted how i scaped mine but i was a complete novice back then. Ive just tried to make the best out of it i could. Next tank will be much different. I'll take my time over everything.

Just remember taking extra time at this stage will benefit you seeing as you'll have to look at it like every day for a number of years

Unless it leaks again..

Unless it leaks again..

Well there is that lol....

I dont think i'd ever buy a second hand tank for this reason. I can defo see why people do though. Some great deals to be had

Lesson learned.. just as well to wait for the big sale..

I got ten tanks on cl for 2 bucks a piece. 4 20 gal long 2 30s 3 10s and one 5.5. Usually i have people water test them for me.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Following, How's my Brookster buddy? Man! What excuses we use to get a bigger time. How long did it take the drill bit to get through the glass of the 30? Hee Hee.
You're doing the best thing you can do. Pre-planning and sketching and thinking about what plants to use AHEAD of the rescape should save extra work and regrets later. Can't wait to see pics as it progresses. OS.

Following, How's my Brookster buddy? Man! What excuses we use to get a bigger time. How long did it take the drill bit to get through the glass of the 30? Hee Hee.
You're doing the best thing you can do. Pre-planning and sketching and thinking about what plants to use AHEAD of the rescape should save extra work and regrets later. Can't wait to see pics as it progresses. OS.

Alex - allow room for expansion and replanting. It might look "thin" at first but it will fill in.
Hey OS! Long time no talk. Hope all is well.

Back
Top Bottom