Brown spot on fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wroberson

Aquarium Advice Freak
Small brown spot on fish. I have a small version of the fish that does not have the same mark. It's definitely dimensional.

I just noticed this today. Wish I remember seeing yesterday or the day before. At first I though it was waste, but it's too high up on the body. Up close it's protruding, and not smooth like a scale.

The fish constantly spawns and the main area is used is a small black gravel so I'm thinking it's a shard of gravel. A sliver. It also reminds me of a scab like from an older injury.

If anyone has an idea of what it is, let me know. Not much I can do about it without removing the fish for an up close exam.

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
Bosemani Rainbow Female 18-20 months old.
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
Temp 80
NO3 20
NO2 0
NH3/4 0
Ph 7.5
PO4 .5

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
125 gallon glass set up 22 months
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
Whisper EX70
Marineland 350b

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
Rainbow assorted, Angel Fish, Dennison Barbs
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
4 days ago 40% 1-2 times per week
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
18-20 months old. There are newer fish in the tank
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
No recent changes. Started adding trace elements, iron and potassium for plants in Septmber
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
Brine Shrimp frozen, HGH Veggie, Nutrafin flakes, Today I fed some thanksgiving ham

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 58
The brown spot has vanished. I have no idea what it was and guess I could have ignored it as not to waste your time. I have posted a picture showing the spot is gone. For now it's just something Rainbow keepers can take not of. It may not be something to worry about.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom