brownish tap water..wanting to fill 100gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heathers_hounds

Aquarium Advice Regular
Our water has a little brownish color to it. Our whole town and surrounding area has this problem Our lake is low, not sure what else is going on, but I don't see it getting better soon. I want to fill my 100 gal. I am using new Black Tahitian Moon sand for substrate. If I use our tap water will the filters clear my water after a while? I washed some new white sheets and they look dingy..not to mention thinking about showering and well everything else! I will say my water hasn't reached the point as some of my friends, where it is really brown or being put on boiling water warning to use. I really want to get my tank going! I still have to level it. Thanks

I'm not sure why the water is brown, but that's something to worry about. Usually when I think brown water there are tannins in the water, but your water could be a whole nother thing. Have you asked your water company or poked around town to see what it's about? Test the water first to see if there's anything bad in it beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom