Bry's 83 Rimless Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw Nice! Lol my cycle is going so strangely for some reason...

Cant wait to see it set up! The Ai nano comes in tuesday this week (tomorro) ill let u know how it is! So excited! :)

User said:
Aw Nice! Lol my cycle is going so strangely for some reason...

Cant wait to see it set up! The Ai nano comes in tuesday this week (tomorro) ill let u know how it is! So excited! :)

Thanks man :) That is good to hear, i wanna see tht up n running. Whats goin with ur tank?

Having a very odd cycle with the shrimp. I cant wait for the light tomorrow lol so excited I check the darn tracking too much lol

User said:
Having a very odd cycle with the shrimp. I cant wait for the light tomorrow lol so excited I check the darn tracking too much lol

What you mean by odd cycle? Where are your levels at? As for the lights, that is expected haha.

Readings are not in order like I was expecting. Lots of nitrate/nitrite medium ammonia

User said:
Readings are not in order like I was expecting. Lots of nitrate/nitrite medium ammonia

Probably a combination of the dieing rock+adding the shrimp. Remember you used dry rock as well. Changes don't happen over night usually. I saw the threa but im on my phone so ill have to post to it tomorrow. Btw u beat me to the punch haha, u posted right when i posted asking xD

Lol I thought I should put it. I hope so lol I tested the nitrates later and it was blood red. I wonder how this tank is cycling. Hope its goes quick! And it smells in here from the shrimp

Lol I thought I should put it. I hope so lol I tested the nitrates later and it was blood red. I wonder how this tank is cycling. Hope its goes quick! And it smells in here from the shrimp

Sometimes cycling does smell, so that is a positive haha. Maybe run a bit of carbon to get rid of the smell if it bothers you. That is what I did while I was cycling to get rid of that nasty smell.

Lol I dont have any carbon. I made the fuge and dont have carbon on me

tested again today:

pH- 7.8

Ammonia- 3ppm

Nitrates- 160ppm

Nitrates- 5ppm

If I were you I would let it sit, for a few days running. See if your ammonia will drop at all, and btw you wrote nitrates twice lol.

img_1567164_0_3e8c5cd4c754949768862c47b461b192.jpg

what size tank is that small rimless one you have? I am having problems setting up my light so it covers the entire tank. it is nice though :)

what size tank is that small rimless one you have? I am having problems setting up my light so it covers the entire tank. it is nice though :)

It is 10x10x10. Not even full blast does it make a difference? Try raising or lowering it.

It is 10x10x10. Not even full blast does it make a difference? Try raising or lowering it.

I think this would be better suited for thst kind of tank. It comes with a fixed stand. I cant put it on the back of the tank cause the fuge takes up so much room

I think this would be better suited for thst kind of tank. It comes with a fixed stand. I cant put it on the back of the tank cause the fuge takes up so much room

Ah. Normally with LEDs you need to adjust the height a bit to get it where you want to spread. How much are u getting as of right now?

That looks nice! What kind of coral is that at the bottom to the left of the far right new rock? lol that was complicated..

Back
Top Bottom