bubble algae? and other question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pmapes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think I have 2 little things of bubble algae
little green clear bubbles right next to eachother. and they are in a hard to get spot. if it is how would I take care of them?

next question is. I had a shell that I have removed that had glass anemone attached to it. but now I'm seeing the same looking thing but really really small and clear tan color. can't get a picture of them too small. but how would I remove them or remove the rock they are on? not sure what to do I would like to get control of them before they get big.

next.
buying something from local fish store, how to clean it be for you pUT in your tank? like buy a live rock and have bad hitchickers. how to stop that. makes me scared to buy coral I feel like I go get a nice coral and then it has a bad bug with it and poof rest of tank bad.

I think I have 2 little things of bubble algae
little green clear bubbles right next to each-other. and they are in a hard to get spot. if it is how would I take care of them?
These can be easily removed with a pair of tweezers, just don't pop them as that can make them spread.

next question is. I had a shell that I have removed that had glass anemone attached to it. but now I'm seeing the same looking thing but really really small and clear tan color. can't get a picture of them too small. but how would I remove them or remove the rock they are on? not sure what to do I would like to get control of them before they get big.
since you removed it once and it came back and it is on just a shell the easiest way to get rid of it is just remove it , if it is on a rock aiptasia X is a good choice to remove it , you could use hot lemon juice in a syringe . or hot white vinegar , if the rock can easily be removed you can also use a lighter to burn it off.

next.
buying something from local fish store, how to clean it be for you put in your tank? like buy a live rock and have bad hitchhikers. how to stop that. makes me scared to buy coral I feel like I go get a nice coral and then it has a bad bug with it and poof rest of tank bad.
Buying live rock always runs a risk of pests , even if you treat the rock and scrub it clean . the only way to be 100% sure it is pest free is to use dry base rock . this will become dry over time.
ok now with coral , you can do a dip to clean off pests coral don't have all them nooks and cranny's like live rock so there easier to clean ,

now your phobia if your worried about a bug . I have to ask have you ever done any research about salt water , there are bad bugs yes at the same time there are good ones too. now it's not always bugs their are worms both beneficial and others that are pests , there are so many creatures in the ocean both good and bad ,

now nothing is going to be 100% clean but if you get all your supplies and stock from replaceable vendors you can cut that down a lot , now is your turn always dip your corals . taking the time to do this can help cut the risks , are you going to catch everything I doubt it .

Last edited:
ok. ya I saw a video about pulling bubble off. and not to pop it and he used a tube to suck up the spread if it pops.

the one I removed was on the shell I got rid of the shell completely. I'm seeing small ones over rock now and yes its a easy to remove rock. but how would I remove the tiny snails and I have a bridle starfish maybe misspelled it sorry. but he's a baby and really small how would I remove them to burn them. the inject them I think is out of the question cuz they are so small.

think you mean brittle star , they are a good part of your CUC . are you talking about vermin snails when I find them I use a empty pen casing and just smash them , to inject aiptasia you don't need a syringe with a needle just a syringe filled with hot white vinegar or hot lemon juice and blast it I always try to keep syringe a1/4 inch away not to startle the aiptasaia so it retracts , or just remove the rock from the tank burn out the aiptasaia or drown it out with hot vinegar

Last edited:
brittle star yes. I would like to remove the rock because there are quite a few growing and just dump vinegar all over it. but don't want to kill the star

if you can see his whole body raise the rock so you can get to him without bringing him into the air stars don't take air to good , now you can use like a rubber icing spatula to push him off the rock , it's pretty easy just don't let him latch on anything,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom