Bubble Coral developing Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was staring at my bubble coral and noticed that a small amount of algae on the lr that it is attached to is starting to grow algae on a dead part of the coral skeleton, I know this can not be good. Will it kill the coral or should it be fine for now and what can I do to help it? TIA.........

As long as the algae doesn't grow on the live part of the coral, you should be fine.

What kind of algae is it?

Its comming off of a rock that has some hair algae on it, so im assuming its hair algae by the looks and source of it.

Is this a new tank?

What are your water levels?

Need to get on top of hair algae or it will spread alot.

It is a matured new tank. I got it from a buddy that had it running for seven years. I transferred everything over from his house, eqiptment, rocks, fish, inverts all in the water from the tank. So it may be considered new but was aged at one point. Im not sure if that matters at all. My water levels are all perfect besides my nitrates, which sit at 20 but reach 30 after a week. The hair algae is getting eaten by the tang now and is started to not grow as I moved ph's on them and started to do more frequent larger pwc's. I also have a fuge getting put in tomorrow which will have some caulepra(hopefuly help with the microalgae). I also have some chaeto comming in a week.

The high nitrates and other untested macro nutrients would be my suspicion, and Squado already has a plan to bring those down.

Back
Top Bottom