Bubble mayhem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tracie6283

Aquarium Advice Freak
So we set up a new tank today ( with an established filter) and treated the water with a primer. Put the bible stick in and this happened. Normal? Isn't just the primer bubbling up or should we kill that bubble stick?

Attachments

• image-25009465.jpg
    image-25009465.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 76
Those bible sticks do that.

I've only had foam on tanks that I set up without rinsing the substrate, or without rinsing it well.. any chance you went skimpy on the rinsing?

I always just take a plastic cup and dip it out, then do a water change. Not sure that the water change is needed, but I always did get a bit concerned that whatever caused it to foam might have some bad effect on the fish.

Tracie6283 said:
The one time I skimp. Does it clear out or should I do a pwc?

That happened to my 10g tank when I first got it. Took me forever to figure it out. I ended up taking the wand out because it wouldn't stop. It honestly made me never want a bubbled again but I did find out it was partly because of some chemicals I used and because the tank had a fine film of dirt (from Walmart gravel). So just do a water change and leave the wand out for about a week

Back
Top Bottom