Bubble Nest (lack of)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi. My Betta Allie has not made a bubble nest. I've had him for about a week, a little more. ALL of my other bettas have made bubble nests when I had them. Should I be worried? He is acting normal. He is very active and seems perfectly healthy. I just don't know if this a problem yet or not. Thanks in advance for your help. He even tried to hide from the camera the first time. Then he realized that he didn't want to be modest. Lol. Celebrity fish... He likes the "Paparazzi" for now.

Attachments

• image-2130605781.jpg
    image-2130605781.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2986245447.jpg
    image-2986245447.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 76
Ive had my Male betta for over 2 months now and he has not made a bubble nest once. He is a very happy little betta and gets a nice diet, but Never has made a bubble nest. Im guessing it depends on the betta, some make them, some dont.

When bettas make bubble nests it means they are ready for a mate or pratising. So if they arent making one it is nothing to do with the health or wellbeing sometimes its just because the betts is a little young. Feeding him a nice diet of bloodworms and betta pellets and occasionally peas will improve his sexual behaivior and may make him make a bubble nest

Hey I have a male dwarf gourami (same kind of fish, anabantoid). I bought him young. Two months in and he has just today started to build a bubble nest for the female. I would say just wait for the betta to mature and get comfortable and it will happen eventually

Yours looks like a crowntail. I have one that is almost 2 years old who only once even attempted a nest.

Also, I've never seen a male of variety build a nest if there is a lot of surface adgitation on the water surface.

I'm sure he's fine, either way, as long as his water parameters are good.

Thank you everyone. I know that he is a crowntail. I got him from Walmart, not sure if I mentioned that already, but they had them labeled. I figured it was probably fine. He looks young, and some just don't make the nests. Again, thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom