Bug or Algea er wut?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surjer

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK there are actually a couple of things I am curious about.

My tank just all of a suddon burst into visable life. So now I have a few things I need ID'd :) The 1st thing I found was a little star fish. (There is a thread for that guy already)

The ones I still need ID's are...

1.) A tiny bug looking creature that sticks to the side of the glass and appears to crawl very rapidly in no real pattern. He is a white colour and may have a bunch of legs but its really too tiny to see. There are quite a few of these guys hanging out on the glass.

2.) Another critter on my glass are these tiny white specs that appear to have 5 or more legs sprouting out from the middle. Looks like a white dot with 5 hairs srpouting out. These guys dont appear to be moving just kind of waving in the current..

3.) A tiny bug looking creature that sticks to the side of the glass and appears to crawl very rapidly in no real pattern. He is a brownish in colour and may have a bunch of legs but its really too tiny to see. He looks like a peace of wild rice running around but only about 1/5'th the size! lol There are quite a few of these guys hanging out on the glass.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...

it doesnt look like a QTip sponge. It really looks like a crystal almost.

Its a white dot in the center and then 5 lines go out in a star pattern very semetrical.

\ /
\|/
--O--
/|\
/ \

Thats my ascii drawing of it.. lol

From a quick google search hydroids appear to be like a branchinig colony. These things are like little individual water crystals scattered around the glass. Anything else out there that resemebles a water crystal?

Thats really really close - If that picture didnt have the "Y" at the end of the legs and if there were only about 5 legs it would be it. If you measured the legs going around the center they would be short, long, short, long, short, long.

Well, Im trying to get a picture but it wont focus. I will draw it up and post that. Its just a little bit bigger than the copopods.

HA - Just found a pic of it by searching "Hydroids" on this site...

img_808711_0_135f78e482cc559cd029b8287097d952.jpg

I did just notice one of these.

ISOPODS -
cirolanid.jpg

That site says they are "Bad" What should I do about them?

Attachments

• mystery_186.jpg
    mystery_186.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 334
Back
Top Bottom