Building a custom stand for a 29 gallon tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papa_bear_21

Aquarium Advice Freak
We've been talking about buying a stand, but we decided to follow the more meaningful route, and custom build the stand. I've already started the rough planning, getting idea's for materials, demensions, and such. I had an idea jump into my head while doing this, and I think it would add a nice touch to the whole thing, and bring it together if we can find the right color combination. My demensions are as follows: 36" tall, 16" deep, 34" long. All the stands I see seem to have no top or anything like that, and no way to secure the doors, with the stand being larger than the tank, I intend to put a top on it, and was thinking rather than a traditional wood surround, get a piece of custom cut granite stone, and sink the tank into the stone. We are wanting to use a cherry wood, and I thought about using a black granite, but what other colors would go with a cherry wood? After the stand is built, or quite possibly before, a custom canopy will be built, with sliding doors, and custom light mounting. I am hoping to get all the wood to match as close as we can if built at different times.

What is everyone's thoughts and idea's about this, especially the granite top?

Thank you in advance,

Bear

Back
Top Bottom