Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no, I know how expensive those things can be! It's an iPhone though, shouldn't it be waterproof? LOL

I would be open to doing another BRS group buy in the near future. We won't have as many people the next time as alot of people had what they wanted not get marked down enough. But for some things it was really good.

I also want to say that I ordered on Tuesday received it on Friday and it was packed so well I needed assistance to get to my light bulbs. All 8 accounted for an unbroken. So their shipping and customer service is excellent.

I'm overall satisfied and I hope people weren't let down to much.

On another note I'm still getting ideas for group buys for other websites. Since most sites are priced somewhat the same on most high ticket items like lights and skimmers, would people rather have free shipping or a lower price as their incentive to buy from a certain retailer?

This is the first question I need answered if we are gonna try this again one day.

See, that's the stuff I wanna know. If you want a small order Ibet people would vote for free shipping. Those looking to spend more like on sumps and lights want it cheaper item pricing LOL.

I'll see what i can do on my next attempt ;-)

I can't crack liveaquaria either:( they just don't care to do a group buy....guess business must be doing amazing for them to knock down a group buy constantly

I'd be up for another group buy in the future too. Depends on how much lower the prices and shipping are, IMO. I think they go hand in hand.

Does saltwaterfish.com do any group buys? I believe they sell both livestock AND dry goods.

I did order a refractometer and a pH kit from BRS. You can count me in amongst those disappointed that the discount was not deeper. I had anticipated the RODI units going to 30% off, but they ended up only 10% off. It didn't push me into "I must buy this NOW" mode.

I talked to saltwaterfish.com about a group buy and they said they would do it but they are not set up for it. The only way they can do it is if one person buys everything and it all gets shipped to that person and then he or she need to send everything out to the group so it would tank 3-4 days for everybody to get there order and thats out of the question when talking about livestock. And by the time its all said and done there will be little to no savings with the hole shipping ordeal

So i bit the bullet and purchased a few things:

90 lbs of the Pukani Rock
20 lbs of the Shelf Rock
Heater
RODI system
2 1400 Koralia PHs
Mesh Filter Socks

If I had to pay full price on the rock, i probably would have gone with the Flordia Reef Rock from Reef Cleaners. But i liked the look of the Pukani more, so i pulled the trigger. I would have bought a skimmer from BRS, but they were out of stock on the one i wanted; and it seems i can get it cheaper at retail price somewhere else. Would have bought some T5 lights as well, but there was absolutely no discount on the fixtures.

In the end, I felt the deal was ok. Not great, but ok.

Super thanks to Carey for getting this together! (y)

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, it was ok nothing jaw dropping. lol

Glad you got some stuff. let us know how the rock comes in...:)

The powerheads were a good price if they had them in stock. lol

Yup. $55 for the 1400's. Ok, not a bad price. Figured i'd buy them and have them shipped free along with everything else. I'll post pics of the rocks when they come in. Kinda excited to see what the shelf rock will look like up close.

so I signed in to see what our permanent discount is. It's not too bad. Usually 5% to 10% depending on the items. Their reactors are still 10% off which is nice and the bulbs have a discount too still if I remember correctly. Worth a looksie in my opinion in case there was something you wanted but didn't get.

:-D

May have my old table saw sold. If so, I will be picking up 6 lamps. Even though I missed the group discount it will be nice to save a bit now. Again, you did a ton of work and I appreciate it.

No worries, I love organizing stuff. it's fun for me. Could also be the ocd in me too.

Yeah, the bulbs are about a buck off a piece, not bad when you consider that no one ever discounts their bulbs.

Got my order in from BRS today. Overall, pretty impressed with the packaging job done. The pukani rock turned out great. Looks awesome, and can't wait to drill/chisel some nooks/caves into it.
Unfortunately, I accidentally ordered tonga branch rock, instead of the shelf rock i wanted. :facepalm: It looks cool as heck, but now i just need to figure out what i'm going to do with it.

img_1566869_0_dd9291ed77d3dccf451f6c05f094f830.jpg

On the upside, they ended up giving me an extra 20 lbs of rock. Not too shabby! :D

Now i need to go back and order that shelf rock again. Hope it turns out as well as the rock i got today.

Thanks again Carey for getting the group buy together. Was able to save on a few items! :thanks:

Nice looking gear! I love getting fish stuff in always gives me a thrill! lol

I'm sure you'll find a use for the extra rock especially if it's nice looking. And yeah, 20 extra lbs of rock for free is a good thing. :)

Good luck and glad you got some goodies at a bit of a discount.

Wow Carey my brs email said u there this weeks prize winner and u got a refund on your last purchase. That awesome ;)

Back
Top Bottom