Bullied barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexTheGreat

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an African banded barb that has been bullied by another one and is weak and does not want to eat
I bought him around 3 months ago and only recently have noticed he looked weak and scared. I have a 20g tank with an aqeuon quiteflow 20 filter has sponges and filter floose instead of the regular filter pad as well as an intake sponge.
His tank mates are: 1 African banded barb (bully), 7 neon tetras, 3 albino corys, 1 dragon scale betta, 3 cherry shrimp, and 1 gold inca snail
I have him in a qt tank right now and am doseing hertana and artemis and have tried feeding him but he dosent seem to intrested beyond a nibble
Water parameters of the main tank were:
Ammonia- 0ppm
Nitrite-0ppm
Nitrate-25ppm
pH-7.4
Temperature-78°F

I have an African banded barb that has been bullied by another one and is weak and does not want to eat
I bought him around 3 months ago and only recently have noticed he looked weak and scared. I have a 20g tank with an aqeuon quiteflow 20 filter has sponges and filter floose instead of the regular filter pad as well as an intake sponge.
His tank mates are: 1 African banded barb (bully), 7 neon tetras, 3 albino corys, 1 dragon scale betta, 3 cherry shrimp, and 1 gold inca snail
I have him in a qt tank right now and am doseing hertana and artemis and have tried feeding him but he dosent seem to intrested beyond a nibble
Water parameters of the main tank were:
Ammonia- 0ppm
Nitrite-0ppm
Nitrate-25ppm
pH-7.4
Temperature-78°F
Here are a couple of pictures 20170808_114405.jpg20170809_125334.jpg20170731_115443.jpg the photo of him in the corner of the pipe is the most recent one and he is just staying there

i dont know alot about that fish imperticular but i know that if theres only 2 one can state domminance usually a group of 3 fish or more is recommended

i dont know alot about that fish imperticular but i know that if theres only 2 one can state domminance usually a group of 3 fish or more is recommended
Ya i was reading on it and im trying to find places to get more of them but its been hard to find so im trying to see if there is a place i can special order them from

I hate it when that stuff happens. You try and give them all a comfortable environment and this stuff still happens. I'm going through this same stuff with 2 powder blue dwarf gourami, but fortunately there's no fighting par say just chasing each other out of their side of the tank.CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG????[emoji6]

I hate it when that stuff happens. You try and give them all a comfortable environment and this stuff still happens. I'm going through this same stuff with 2 powder blue dwarf gourami, but fortunately there's no fighting par say just chasing each other out of their side of the tank.CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG????[emoji6]
Thats exactly how my barbs started out and now I have one in a qt tank that just refuses to eat so im worried now it seems to be getting worse and worse [emoji20]

Back
Top Bottom