Bullied platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrskater1999

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i purchased 3 platys to make a breeding group. This morning i noticed my female gold mickey mouse has a torn or missing top fin. Did she get bullied by the male? Thanks

Attachments

• image-1963799039.jpg
    image-1963799039.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 73
Probably the male. It may have been the other female though. Add one or two more females if you can. You may have an over zealous male or a territorial female. In either case addind more females may help.

Are there any other fish in the tank? Have you actually use witnessed the male harassing the female?

No. I have a small cory and and 4 dalmation molly fry. I havent seen the male actually harass her but thats what im guessing

I would wait until you see the actual violence to make any stocking changes. You might have a cranky female as well.

Are you 100% sure its not bacterial fin rot.

I have three females, and one male platy. They get along with everyone, even when I made the mistake of introducing some bullying little tiger barbs. Everything in the tank was harassed and tormented by the buggers but the plattys.

Back
Top Bottom