Bully in the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VOXGM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I'm at dead end right now. I'm having an issue with my spotted African leaf fish fighting my African feather fin cat fish and my African brown knife. The feather fin can hold his own as he's 7+ inches but it does kinda stress him out when the leaf is being retarded. Now the knife is just plain afraid of him. Stress=death. So I have to take action. The leaf has to be moved but the only other tank is my 36g bow front planted tank/driftwood housing my black ghost knife fish. (Don't even go there with "36g is to small for a bgk." Cuz I'm fully aware and when he's big enough ill put him back in the 125.) so my only option his to put the leaf in the 36 but I'm afraid of him disturbing the ghost. Either that or dying from stress being as these species will stress if u even look at them. Any suggestions???

Putting the Leaf Fish in a smaller tank with a similar fish to one it's been harassing doesn't sound like a recipe for success sorry.

Putting the Leaf Fish in a smaller tank with a similar fish to one it's been harassing doesn't sound like a recipe for success sorry.

He never bothered the ghost in the first place. The only reason the ghost was moved was because all the other fish ate his food. I wish my Bicher or water cow would just go ahead and eat him. Save me the hassle. Either way I have to do something. That leaf can't even fit in the bgk hiding place anyways. I didn't mean disturb him as in fight him. And the bgk only comes out at night. Unlike the brown knife thats out 24/7.

Or I could move the featherfin. I can only have one knife per tank so moving the brown knife is not possible. The leaf is mainly messing with the feather fin. That's my main concern at this point.

Back
Top Bottom