bumblebee catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stone1269

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had a bumblebee catfish for about 3 yrs now an he is still the same size as when I bought him (little over an inch long) is this normal? Also he NEVER comes out of hiding in 3yrs I have only seen him a few times only when I completely empty my tank to move it or give it a really good cleaning

Any idea how long it takes for them to.... get sum size so to speak?

O I didn't no there was more than one lol um.....the tiny species I believe jk

lol South Americans only get a couple of inches so you might be right about the tiny one

No kiddin!! I thought they all were tank busters :( I will have to go Google em now lol

And for the record, you are the first person I have read about to not be excited to have gotten the one that stays small. haha. Normally, threads have a person real upset they got a cute little catfish that will get gigantic and eat everything in the tank.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
And for the record, you are the first person I have read about to not be excited to have gotten the one that stays small. haha. Normally, threads have a person real upset they got a cute little catfish that will get gigantic and eat everything in the tank.

Yes u have a point lol but I was kinda lookin forward to seeing him at about a ft long

If it's really only 1" I suspect it may be an Akysis species. They do stay really small, and some have patterns similar to bumblebee cats.

Yea he has bn this small for over 3yrs now I will have to check em out

Back
Top Bottom