Button polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris stevens

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have attached a picture of a button polyp in my tank - some of the polyps seem dead or very sick. the polyp rock has been in the tank about a week, and the polyps in question haven't opened up the whole time, but now they are looking pretty ugly. Are they simply dead, and decaying? should I remove them from the healthy looking polyps? i found a small bristle worm mingling among the polyps and removed him, could he be detrimental to the health of my corals? any advice? does this picture look like anything anybody has encountered before?

Attachments

• img_1089.jpg
    img_1089.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 69
Looks like they are being irritated by the algae around/on them, at least the lowest ones. Could also be proximity to any nearby corals? Take a small airline tube and gentley siphon off the algae. It should help some. You should also address the algae concern itself and what might be causing it.

Cyanobacteria, AKA Red Slime Algae

Can you post a little tank history, tank mates and water parameters other than what's listed in your profile? How close is the coral to the light source?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom