Buying a new tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jetstorm369

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I live in New York City. Asides from Petco, and Petland Discounts, and one or two private stores, I'm not really aware of the many fish stores around me. Do you guys know where it is best to buy a 55 gallon starter kit?

Jetstorm369 said:
Hey guys, I live in New York City. Asides from Petco, and Petland Discounts, and one or two private stores, I'm not really aware of the many fish stores around me. Do you guys know where it is best to buy a 55 gallon starter kit?

Hello,

In my honest opinion I'd stay away from those all in one kits. In the long run you'd be better off getting a tank during that dollar a gallon sale at Petco, a nice filter, heater and light.

What are you looking to keep?

Actually, I'd say petco. I live in manhattan and I'm getting a 40 gallon starter kit with the stand and luckily my parents are buying it for me and even though it's expensive, it includes the filter, heater, stand and tank and like a months supply of additional food so my parents are like "what the hell we'll buy it if it comes with all that" the only issue I have is space to put it because my sister keeps a lot of her stuff in my room and I'm trying to get her to move it out (her stuff in my room, come on!) but I think I did a good job of convincing my parents :)

Anyway this isn't about me. How big are you willing to go, budget wise?

If you live in manhattan there is (or was) a place called New World Aquarium really far down the east side, also a LFS called Petqua right near my house which is located on the upper west side

There is a massive LFS with hundreds and thousands of fish and extreme varieties called Fish Town USA (I think) it's in Queens and it's insane. They sell great tanks with massive varieties of everything. It's like a massive department store dedicated to fish

Back
Top Bottom