Cadinals no red

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annakhil

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got some cardinals from petsmart today cause they have a sale going for $1 a fish, but they look paler than my other cardinals, like the red is gone
In the pic there is a few of the new and you can see the comparison to my older cardinal. Should I just wait and see if it was stress that caused the pigment lose? Will it come back?

Attachments

• image-2574997216.jpg
    image-2574997216.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 75
I was curious about this too, I got some black skirt tetras while petsmart had that sale... The cardinals were sold out(lol)
Anyway some of them have almost no black, or the black is almost totally faded. Will it come back?

I hope someone responds, that is almost exactly like my black skirts... I just assumed it was stress related, ill be mildly upset if we find out its permanent.

I am sure it is stress related and they will calm down and color up before you know it. My harlequin rasboras were almost completely white when I got them!! But after some proper tlc they have gorgeous colors now!! Same with my neon tetras! Just give it some time! :)

yeah id say stress aswell. My neon tetras were pale when i got them and in less than a week with a good variety of food and environment there was a huge change they are very beautiful bright and happy. I think most fish look considerably duller in pet shops due to stress and poor conditions. I got my cousin a pale blue guppy and couldnt beleive it when i saw him after a week hes stunning and a beautiful deep blackish blue.

Just thought I'd say I came home from work tonight and saw a noticeable difference. The blacks are filling in the fish are notably more colored

Pipedreamer86 said:
Just thought I'd say I came home from work tonight and saw a noticeable difference. The blacks are filling in the fish are notably more colored

It's amazing what a good home and care can do for the little guys :) I'm glad they are recovering

It took a few days and to make sure the ammonia didn't spike I did a few PwC and now their coloring is coming in but one, I swear I think it might be an albino cardinal, it doesn't even have the dark top, it's all see through, kinda weird but hey I don't mind.

Back
Top Bottom