Caitlynn's 75 gallon reef build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the canopy sanded down fully right now ready to be stained. This is what it looks like. Think it's got enough ventilation?

Attachments

• image-1100854851.jpg
    image-1100854851.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1002045205.jpg
    image-1002045205.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 39
Trust me, you aren't going to be getting a ton of heat from the fixtures. You could attach another fan if you like, to push out the humidity, but I would suggest installing it the correct way- blowing IN. Why someone would install fans to suck out moist air is beyond me.

mr_X said:
Trust me, you aren't going to be getting a ton of heat from the fixtures. You could attach another fan if you like, to push out the humidity, but I would suggest installing it the correct way- blowing IN. Why someone would install fans to suck out moist air is beyond me.

Haha! Alright so I think for now I'll leave it but if I notice an issue I'll add the fan.

Looks like it's got an open back too. Looks good. That's a really nice canopy.

mr_X said:
A mag7 or a mag9.5 will both work fine. I also like Quiet One pumps. A Quiet one 3000 would work well too.

Just to make sure! That's either or right? A mag drive or a quiet one? I'll look into the quiet ones now

mr_X said:
Yes, either or.

Alright! Is there one that's better? Just curious because they are about a $30 price difference. I'm fine with spending it as long as its worth it. If not I'm gonna go with the Quiet One.

I like the Quiet Ones better myself. Most people rave about the mags, but i've had my share of them fail prematurely.

AquaRick said:
I bought mine from marine depot. If i had to do it all over again, i would have bought from BRS:
Refractometer for reading salinity w/ Free Calibration fluid - English

Theirs includes calibration fluid for free. When i purchased mine, it was off considerably (.03 if I remember). I had to spend an extra $6 bucks + shipping to get calibration fluid.

Thanks! I think I like yours.

Has anyone used the digital one? Is it worth the money?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom