Calgary Aquarium Society Updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So there is a pond tour next weekend. I won't be making it due to some work issues.

Let me know how it goes.

Mooose

webmoose said:
So there is a pond tour next weekend. I won't be making it due to some work issues.

Let me know how it goes.

Mooose

Yep, looks like this (I can't attend, either):

2005 CAS Home Tour

This years home tour focuses on ponds and will take place on Sunday June 12, 2005.

We will meet at the Crescent Heights community centre at 11:15 and start the tour at 11:30. There are 4 sites to visit including one in Airdrie. If you have any questions contact Tom Borthwick at 270-3961 or e-mail me at borthwic@telus.net.

Following the tour there will be a barbecue and get together at Tom Borthwick's place. Please RSVP if you plan on attending the tour and/or BBQ.

Guess I am excited about the June meeting.. I showed up a week early last night.

Mooose

It was a great meeting.. Got some killis at the mini auction.. it was all good..

Moose

webmoose said:
It was a great meeting.. Got some killis at the mini auction.. it was all good..

Moose

Heh...let me guess...$1/pair? :wink:

I actually dragged my daughter along the time I came a week early....boy did I feel dense...I swore her to secrecy, but I guess I have let the cat out now myself.

ya i got 20 pair for 20 bucks!

I pulled into the parking lot and it was packed. I ended up parking in the 3rd row. I thought it was strange. Then I thought to myself.. "Oh man what if it isn't this week."

I looked for your van.. Then I called someone and asked them to look at the website.. Sure enough 7 days early.

Moose

appl.gif
028.gif
1074.gif
1264.gif
brsh1.gif

Did you pick up any low light plants for me??

Yes Menagerie,

I picked up a dozen moss balls for you for 2 dollars.

I am mailing them to you in an envelope. ;)

Moose

Hey moss balls!! I forgot about them :evil: Now that I'm in the states, I guess I will find a good mail order for them.

tomorrow is the big day!!

I predict duckweed and killifish at the mini auction!

Moose

ok I am loosing it.. I was thinking to myself that the meeting was tonight.

Must not show up until tommorow.

No duckweed! No killifish!

So where is a good place to get a starter culture of microworms.. I think I want to culture some for my killihatch.

Moose

All Petland stores in Calgary will now be offering members of the Calgary Aquarium Society an exclusive discount. When purchasing fish, all CAS members need to do is show their membership card to receive a discount of 15%. This is available any day of the week and on any live fish. This offer applies only to live fish and exclusive to current members of the CAS. All that is asked is that the member must present their membership card at the time of purchase.

The Sunridge Petland location will be having a 'Garage Sale' to clear up some excess inventory. Many items have been selected for this, including stands, canopies, etc. The general public has access to this sale with prices 50%-60% off, however, CAS members will get an additional 15% off this merchandise when they present thier membership card. This sale will take place on Saturday, July 23/2005.

***EDIT: I have been informed that the 15% live fish discount will also apply to the Red Deer Petland location as well.***

Moving to Calgary

Hello , I will be moving to Calgary at the end of Aug and would like to know where a person would become a member of the Calgary Aquarium Society and some information about when and where meetings are held ?

Thank you for your time

Ashley

Toirtis said:
All Petland stores in Calgary will now be offering members of the Calgary Aquarium Society an exclusive discount. When purchasing fish, all CAS members need to do is show their membership card to receive a discount of 15%. This is available any day of the week and on any live fish. This offer applies only to live fish and exclusive to current members of the CAS. All that is asked is that the member must present their membership card at the time of purchase.

The Sunridge Petland location will be having a 'Garage Sale' to clear up some excess inventory. Many items have been selected for this, including stands, canopies, etc. The general public has access to this sale with prices 50%-60% off, however, CAS members will get an additional 15% off this merchandise when they present thier membership card. This sale will take place on Saturday, July 23/2005.

***EDIT: I have been informed that the 15% live fish discount will also apply to the Red Deer Petland location as well.***
:) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom