Calibrate All-Glass Heater??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macfisto

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I have a 55 gallon tank with an All-Glass Heater. I believe it's a 200-watt -- it came in the setup I purchased at Petsmart. It heats just fine; the only problem is that it doesn't seem to be calibrated correctly. I like to keep my tank in the 78-80 degree range, but to do that I have to keep the heater set at about 71 degrees. ???? It keeps the temp very steady, but this just kind of bugs me. Is there a way to calibrate the heater so it will read the actual temp?

Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge.. the closest thing to calibration is compensation, changing the dial setting to create the correct temperature in the tank.. wich you have already done.. sorry if this isnt what you wanted to here.. :?

This is also my one and only complaint regarding All-Glass a.k.a. Hydor-Theo PTC tank heaters. My solution was to stick a liquid crystal thermometer to the side of my tank and 'tweak' the temp setting knob on the heater repeatedly until the temperature I wanted was maintained.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom