Camallanus worms help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E.R

Aquarium Advice Newbie
so I had a fish die on me, she had worms the red ones that come out of the butt those ones. She seems to be the only one with the worms but Im not sure. She was quarantined for a day and a half before dying so she might have spread eggs. what do I buy what do I do I love my fish and this is horrible. Im in the uk so some things might not be available to me. Also what should I do with her body and water I don't want to infect the water system

Please im very panicked and I have trouble with articulating myself so sorry if this reads as a mess

Just flush the body it's dangerous to have around. I'd starve the fish for a day or 3 then give them a thawed frozen food of your choice mixed with they're usual food and garlic even as much as 1:1 food to garlic if they were really exposed. Also i like parsley. A little mysis shrimp scampi if you will. Mix it all up with some tank water to make an slurry. And freeze into cubes for future use. You can use egg-crate to make cubes. Here's a pic of what it looks like. It's available at home depot as a "light diffuser"

Cuts super easy with a pair of dykes. Just cut them one at a time. I give my fish garlic anytime there's an illness or before and after adding any new tankmates. It builds up there immune system. Fact. As long as they aren't stressed they can resist parasites on they're own so don't do anything disruptive like crazy chemical additives or temperature shifts. Just keep things steady for a week and watch everyday. Do a headcount and make sure everyone is accounted for and note how they look/behave. Don't panic you'll beat this
40ce9d242318b12069143f708dd76bf1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom