Camallanus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DragonFish71 said:
Actually, when used together they are very effective. I had that dreaded worm in two different tanks, at four separate times and came up with a system of using both products that saved what was left of my livestock and killed the worm. With all the infestation times, I only lost 20 fish total out of over 200.

I tried many methods over long periods of time (the worm has one heck of a lifeline and found one that worked, killing the worm within days. Everyone who has followed the advice I've given on my method has had great results.

It is not just the chains that can have this infestation by the way. It all starts at the supplier level. So if your favorite LFS orders from the same suppliers, which some do, you still have a chance of getting infected fish. Since it can take weeks before you know you have an infected fish, I started QTing for months instead of weeks.

+ 1,000,000 !!!!

:) out of 3 Camallanus infected mollies one pulled thru. The other two were STUFFED so full their vents were filled and spread open 1/4" with tons of worms...
My male was least affected but it still took 2 full rounds of dosing. His body thinned out at end and his energy came back...
He's been worm free for almost a month now :)
I cycled bleach thru my tank as suggested and it's now the home to a very happy betta :)

Dragonfish, I am so grateful for your remedy.

DragonFish71 said:
Actually, when used together they are very effective. I had that dreaded worm in two different tanks, at four separate times and came up with a system of using both products that saved what was left of my livestock and killed the worm. With all the infestation times, I only lost 20 fish total out of over 200.

I tried many methods over long periods of time (the worm has one heck of a lifeline and found one that worked, killing the worm within days. Everyone who has followed the advice I've given on my method has had great results.

It is not just the chains that can have this infestation by the way. It all starts at the supplier level. So if your favorite LFS orders from the same suppliers, which some do, you still have a chance of getting infected fish. Since it can take weeks before you know you have an infected fish, I started QTing for months instead of weeks.

All I can say from my experience is that nothing was effective other than Levamisole and all I needed was 1/4 of a teaspoon rather than all this other garbage that just stressed the fish. I fwd them some food for 7 days and it dis nothing. I tried the fer..... stuff whatever that dog wormer has and lost 3 fish one being a Bala Shark which is hard to kill. Thia stuff is a dream. I almost started over cause I couldn't handle it slowly killing my fish. This stuff is a miracle and I got 52 grams. Should last me a lifetime.

Lifeoffroad said:
All I can say from my experience is that nothing was effective other than Levamisole and all I needed was 1/4 of a teaspoon rather than all this other garbage that just stressed the fish. I fwd them some food for 7 days and it dis nothing. I tried the fer..... stuff whatever that dog wormer has and lost 3 fish one being a Bala Shark which is hard to kill. Thia stuff is a dream. I almost started over cause I couldn't handle it slowly killing my fish. This stuff is a miracle and I got 52 grams. Should last me a lifetime.

Levamisole was what I found as a remedy when researching online. I've read great things about it.

ocminpin said:
Levamisole was what I found as a remedy when researching online. I've read great things about it.

It was a savior for me. I almost scraped everything to start over. Would have costed a lot

My reply had nothing to do with Levamisole. I've also read great things about it. I was replying to the fact that the other poster stated Safeguard (fenbendazole) used with Jungle doesn't work, when in fact it works quite well. The last treatment I put my tank through was with blood worms soaked in garlic juice and Safeguard, I used Jungle Anti parasite fizz tabs to kill the worms that in the tank. Between feeding and dosing the tank, I killed that worm off in a matter of days. I lost fish as well, but I think that was more towards the fact that I took me so long to find a cure that worked that the parasite had a chance to do it's damage. Now I know what works for me and if (knock on wood) I ever have this issue again, I'm ready.

DragonFish71 said:
My reply had nothing to do with Levamisole. I've also read great things about it. I was replying to the fact that the other poster stated Safeguard (fenbendazole) used with Jungle doesn't work, when in fact it works quite well. The last treatment I put my tank through was with blood worms soaked in garlic juice and Safeguard, I used Jungle Anti parasite fizz tabs to kill the worms that in the tank. Between feeding and dosing the tank, I killed that worm off in a matter of days. I lost fish as well, but I think that was more towards the fact that I took me so long to find a cure that worked that the parasite had a chance to do it's damage. Now I know what works for me and if (knock on wood) I ever have this issue again, I'm ready.

I hear ya. What I was trying to say is that stuff didn't work for me and I believe it killed my fish as I used it when I first discovered the worms. I think if it does work it takes to long as well. Couple of days on a bunch of meds can really stress a fish. I just wanted to let the readers know that this stuff works way faster with way less medication. If your way worked for you that's great im not trying to knock it. Just seemed to much to handle for my fish. Or maybe I used it wrong. Levamisole is the way to go without question. Imo.

Back
Top Bottom