Can a blood parrot chichlid live in a 36 gal freashwarer tank with guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camogirl28

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have guppies mollies platys would a blood parrot go good with them

Ok so if I had a biger tank but if I did have a big tank could a bp live with guppies

See I can not stand that about fish keeping like the personality because then you buy the fish and its mean so now you lost fish and money and you have to relocate the fish do much work if you get a mean one

A friend of mine has a massive 8" blood parrot in a 150 gal community tank with guppies, mollies, platys, tetras and others with no problems. I think for the most part bp's are pretty docile.

What's a Blood Parrot? Sounds scary. If I was a blood parrot I most certainly eat a Lil guppie.

What's a Blood Parrot? Sounds scary. If I was a blood parrot I most certainly eat a Lil guppie.

Yes they can and more than likely will eat most smaller fish then it. From my experience, blood parrots can be pretty aggressive

Really don't know who to trust but I think it's too risky

I have a 4 inch blood parrot and he is in with larger fish ..he is peaceful except at feeding time then he's a bully. They are a hybrid and cannot nip because of their mouth but when full grown they may swallow a guppie

Back
Top Bottom