Can an Otocinclus be kept with baby fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HyperionLore

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a ten gallon planted aquarium that I've affectionately referred to as my little greenhouse tank for a while now. After purchasing an assorted variety of mollies for my bigger tank, they all started having babies. I wasn't surprised, I was actually anticipating this because three people in my family keep mollies. I put about thirty of the babies in the ten gallon at the request of some of my family that wanted some of the colors I have, and now that I've done it, I'm a little stumped.

My plan for my ten gallon planted tank was to upgrade it to a twenty and put a group of Otocinclus fish in there. The only reason I hadn't done so already was because they're kind of hard to come by where I live. Now that I have all these babies in that tank though, I just wanted to know, can Otocinclus fish even be kept with baby fish? I know they're supposed to stay small and live off of plants and algae, but I've always stocked my aquariums following the rule that if it'll fit in a fish's mouth it probably will end up in a fish's mouth.

Eventually the babies will be moved to different tanks, and I don't intend to introduce any pet store fish to a nursery tank, I was just curious, for future reference, if the Otocinclus was baby friendly.

Back
Top Bottom