Can anyone tell me what this is? Found in QT tank with sick guppy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amanda34

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
130L established tank with mixed tropical fish in it. Not overstocked. I always remove just under 30L via gravel vac each week and use Prime. Been set up since February this year and no problems until now.

Ammonia and Nitrite zero and everything else normal.

I was stupid and added 4 new guppies without putting them in QT tank first as I didn't have one set up at the time. Then 2 of the new guppies died within a few days and I couldn't see anything visibly wrong with them. All tests were normal.

Then one of my neon tetras died and had grey-white spots on tail and fins so added Aqua One Broad Spectrum Remedy. All other fish seem fine but within 24hrs one of my guppies started to shimmy on the spot and I thought it was a bad reaction to the meds so I put him in a QT tank with air stone and one silk plant for comfort. Seemed to improve at first but then the next day started to rub it's gills on the bottom of the tank, swim anxiously and hanging around near the air stone and surface of the tank. Still has appetite. Tests in QT tank are normal. Thought it may be gill flukes and started treatment with Blue Planet Fluke and Tapeworm tablets (Praziquantel), a bit of aquarium salt and soaking food in garlic.

After almost 48hrs the guppy isn't rubbing his gills as much now, seems a lot calmer and is venturing away from the surface more but brown dots have appeared on the fake plant. This is one under a microscope. Does anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• PB181105.jpg
    PB181105.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom