Can I add anymore fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocktrns

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10 gallon tank
1 Betta
3 Zebra danio
4 Neon Tetra

I want to add some cory cat about 2,but I am also going to add some live plants before.

Your tank is probably full or almost full. If you were to add any more fish, it should probably be only one fish that doesn't need a group.

zebra's thrive in shoals of 6+ so unless you have you heart set on something new i'd maybe think about getting another 1 or 2 of those.

Well...I believe Gourami fish can go into 10 gallons and I believe that they don't need a school. And if you can put one in there, there are different kinds to choose from so it's up to you on what kind you want. I personally like the neon blue gouramis.

Well...I believe Gourami fish can go into 10 gallons and I believe that they don't need a school. And if you can put one in there, there are different kinds to choose from so it's up to you on what kind you want. I personally like the neon blue gouramis.

dwarf gouramis can, but not with a betta. IMO, i would leave it as is and not add anything

Only dwarfs? Because I think Honey Gouramis can too.

you could add some snails but as far as fish are concerned i would stop there. its harder to keep your water consistant with such a small tank

Well what would two or tree dwarf cories do to the tank? its not lie there a huge bio load right? I do partial water changes every week.

I read in a fish site that Cory Cats perfer to be in a group of 6 or more,but many people keep them in a pack of 2.

I am interested in getting cories too but Bronco told me that they do better with a sand substrate. Good thing he told me that before my cycle ends. Apparently the gravel can damage their skin.

IMO in think if you want more you need to get a bigger tank. unless you add snails or something like than but no more fish

I am interested in getting cories too but Bronco told me that they do better with a sand substrate. Good thing he told me that before my cycle ends. Apparently the gravel can damage their skin.
Well the petco that I go to have like lots of cories in a 10 gallon tank with gravel substrate.

I'm still going to get at least two more fish though.

Back
Top Bottom